Thursday, January 17, 2008

Dear Ingenue,

Ingenue, honey, we need to talk. I'm worried about your well being right now and past experience has shown me that you will not contact me in your time of need. So. I'm reaching out. I hope these words don't fall on deaf ears or a closed heart. Can I just start by saying how proud I am of you? You've really gone above and beyond the call of duty on this path to wellness. You're exploring yourself, you're opening up, you're dealing with really painful deeply lodged stuff, and staying sober through it. Wow. Are you amazed? I'm not, I knew you had it in you. I knew at some point in your life you'd come find me and once we were reunited sobriety was going to be a totally happy thing for you.



I understand why you were drinking so much and keeping us separated Baby. I understand it better than you know and I'm not even a little upset with you. You're exactly where you need to be NOW and you are entirely perfect just as you ARE. Please tell me you heard that. Perfect, now. The old emotions that are coming up, the old hurts, they don't really exist anymore but the more you try and push them down, the more energy they get to terrorize you. Just let 'em up! I promise you, we'll get through to the other side. The ease, the happiness, and the peace you've felt over the last ninety days? That's just a small taste of the bliss we could have together. Trust in me. Dive in to the deep end, and I promise you'll thank me for it...

Because it can't be said enough, good work. I'm so proud of you.

Yours truly,
Self

No comments: